Whether your home is big or small, there is a time when you come across the sink blocked and not draining correctly. It is an annoying problem as it tends to come in your way of cooking or going washroom. According to plumber Neutral Bay, you can efficiently deal with the small blocked problem. However, you should not deal with a big clog if you don’t have sufficient knowledge. It can increase your problem instead of solving it and you may end up wasting a lot of money and time. Here, we will learn about U bend and how to clean them.
What Is A P-Trap?
A p trap or plumbing trap or U bend is a pipe that acts as an air filter to the plumbing system. For example, basins of a sink, toilet, and the bathtub have a P-trap underneath them.
These pipes are like P or U shape and create a gravity barrier to stop noxious gas to passing through them. Additionally, it helps to flow water waste freely through the overflow pipe.
There is so much waste material passing through and getting stuck in the pipe, which clogs them. Fortunately, you can disassemble and clean traps.
Step By Step Guide To Clean The U Bend:
- Firstly, clean the nearby area as the accumulated water will directly come on the ground.
- Next, you need a bucket to place it under the bend before unscrewing the caps.
- Sometimes you might need lubricants to remove the p trap.
- Once you separate them, you will notice debris like hair, dirt and other thing stuck into the pipe.
- To clean them, you will need a flexible nylon bottle brush. Make sure you clean all debris that are sticking to the u- trap.
- The next step is to put them back together using your hand or wrench.
- Be careful and don’t remove the bucket places underneath as you have to check for leaks now.
- Now, if everything is fine, then empty the bucket and Put back the tools.
Following the above steps removes any clogs, buildups or other problems associated with your plumbing trap. However, sometimes the problem may continue as it might be more extensive than you think. In such a case, you need the help of a professional plumber.
Cleaning a clogged P-trap will not be a problem anymore if you follow these steps carefully. However, you need to clean them regularly even if there is no clogging. Additionally, cleaning the sink and drain every few months will keep all plumbing issues away. But after taking all precautions you need plumber Neutral Bay expert sometimes. Don’t hesitate and take help from an expert in plumbing.