Can a Gas Leak Make You Sick? Let’s Understand The Facts
Can a Gas Leak Make You Sick? Using gas for cooking and heating is very much convenient and economical. It is also good for our environment. However, a gas leak can be very fatal. In case of a major leak, the situation can turn ugly. But no need to worry we are here to educate more about the gas leak and its impact on our health. Stay alert and always call professionals if you ever face this issue.
Suddenly, gas leaks directly downsize the oxygen present in the atmosphere. In the case of a gas leak, you will first start to feel breathless and dizzy. If you’re feeling this way, then there is a high chance that there is a gas leak.
- The scent of rotting eggs or sulphur
- In the kitchen or near the gas pipeline, a hissing or whistling sound
- A broken line of gas Connection
- In still weather, a white haze, floating ashes, or bubbles
5 Tips for Gas Leak Scenario
- It is best to open windows for a faint gas smell, search quickly if your starter lights were already off, call 911 if required and also switch off the gas metre.
- Exit the house or evacuate the area quickly with a heavy gas odour or conditions that cause symptoms. Gas is erratic all the time. There’s a risk of an accident if you’ve got a leak in your house for a long time.
- Remember to make the call to report to the concerned authority of the suspected gas leak area. Mobile phones produce sparks that can cause gas to fire. Often, if the signs are serious, step into the emergency department or call emergency services.
- Contact certified professionals to visit your home right away if you develop symptoms like feeling extra tired without a lifestyle or explanatory medical reason.
Always Follow These Basic Rules in Such Scenarios –
- Do not on or off any switch
- Open all the doors and windows
- Don’t try to fix the leakage by yourself
- Call your gas agency and report them about the leakage
- Come out of your house and report this to your neighbours
Gas leaks can be extremely dangerous, it can happen inside or outside your home. Always contact professional gas plumbers if you encounter a gas leak.
Gas Leak? Get in Touch With Us!
Plumber Neutralbay is the leading service providers in the region. We have the industry’s expert gas plumbers, each member of our team of professionals carrying multiple years of experience. Don’t try to repair the leak by yourself just to avoid expenses. It’s a serious concern so trust experts only.
Plumbers Botany provides you with a 24/7 helpline number so that our customers can reach us whenever they face an inconvenience or issue in their gas pipeline.